What is self-care Sunday? It is taking this day and time for yourself. After spending our weeks dragging ourselves from task to task. From the office to school, from school pickup to basketball practice, from grocery shopping to Christmas program practice we all feel depleted. Even weekends that are full of fun family gatherings and shopping trips with friends can really take a toll on us.
Taking Sunday to relax and recharge can do wonders for you and your upcoming week. Here are some self-care Sunday ideas, but feel free to do them any day!
- Grab your favorite mug and enjoy a warm cup of tea or coffee, and I mean really sit and enjoy it, find a space outside, or a comfy chair.
- Enjoy a morning workout, like Yoga or a run/walk outdoors. Something that is a little more in touch than your typical workout. Need gear? We have a wide variety of athleisure in regular and plus sizes.
- Spend some quality time with family or friends, something that lets you unplug from your device and devote yourself to just them and vice versa.
- Take time to read a book or magazine.
- Buy flowers for your space, work and or home. Flowers always make any space and people more cheerful. Lamar Greenhouse has some really great ones!
- Do something creative, painting, scrap-booking, playing an instrument, decorating, whatever gets your creativity flowing.
- Cook or bake, for no reason, without the pressure of anyone waiting for it to be done.
- Spend some time with mother nature, hiking, taking a walk, sitting under the trees or just outside.
- Meal prep or plan out some meals and snacks, this really helps to set the tone for the week. It helps you stay a bit more on track when you have a plan and or meals ready.
- Take a bath, relax in a tub with a bath bomb or candle from Nature's Bliss and grab a bottle of wine from The Vault and you have the perfect date
- Enjoy a Spa Day at home, this is our favorite! Get our Holiday Spa Set for 50% off today only! (USE CODE SELFCARE)
- Enjoy a manicure or pedicure, or give yourself your own. We have the most wonderful colors from LA Nails. Freshly painted nails instantly make you feel happier and put together.
- Meditate, Sundays are a great day to try this amazing ritual. There are many apps to guide you through a 5 to 30-minute mediation session.
- A TV marathon. Binge-watching gets a bad rap, but sometimes it is exactly what you need. Cuddled up mindlessly watching your favorite show, um yes, please!
- Goals and planning. Mondays are much better and more productive with a clear plan and goals set. This can by simply jotting the things you want to accomplish for the week, and then breaking them down for Monday.